FOOD SAFETY MGT SYSTEM
Failures in food supply can cause human suffering, death, poor reputation, violations, poor nutrition, poor quality products and decreased profits.
ISO 22000 ensures integrity of food supply chain by minimizing food-borne hazards throughout the food chain by ensuring that there are no weak links.
It therefore makes good scientific sense for those who are involved in food processing, manufacturing, storage, distribution of food and food products to adopt and implement ISO 22000.ISO 22000 for food safety management systems is intended to provide food safety and security
ISO 22000 can contribute to the quality of life in general by
- Ensuring safe food.
- Reducing food borne diseases.
- Better quality and safer jobs in the food industry.
- Better utilization of resources.
- More efficient validation and documentation of techniques, methods and procedures.
- Increased profits.
- Increased potential for economic growth and development..